The Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics at Academia Sinica (ASIAA) is pleased to host the first user workshop for local ALMA users in Taiwan.
This workshop aims to provide practical information on how to plan, propose, reduce, and analyze ALMA observations. Assuming that the participants know about radio astronomy and interferometry, we will NOT cover those topics in this workshop. Brand new users will have to attend further radio astronomy/interferometry schools or classes.
Due to limited space and the hands-on nature of this workshop, participation will be limited to 50 people. Upon registration, students outside the Taipei City/County can apply for travel support (including transportation and accommodation) from ASIAA, if they do not have any support from their supervisor or university.
The number of registered participants has reached 50 as of Jan 9, 2010. However, we will keep the registration open for some more participants. If you have not registered, please do so now. If needed, we will close the registration before the deadline.
- To prepare Taiwanese astronomers for observations with ALMA.
- To provide an update on the full and early science capabilities of ALMA.
- To provide practical information on how to plan and execute ALMA observations
- To discuss Taiwanese ALMA science projects & foster collaborations.
- To introduce the Observing Tool (OT) and the ALMA data reduction software (CASA), and provide hands-on demonstrations of their use.
- Chin-Fei Lee
- Sheng-Yuan Liu
- Shigehisa Takakuwa
- Yu-Nung Su
- Masaaki Hiramatsu
- Linda Shao
- Suh-Lian Lin